Thursday, August 2, 2007

Back to the original plan...

The goddess pieces. The original thought was to cast them in glass but after carving a few to make casting molds with I remembered how much I enjoy working with clay and really got sidetracked from my glass. Funny thing is I do not do jewelry, never had any interest in it and I totally have no talent for putting things together - none. I can think in three dimensions- making positives and negatives and how the whole casting process works but I cannot -as hard as I try- do anything with making jewelry. All the beads and beadcaps and headpins and thing-a-ma-bobs, gotta ton of it and all I can do is stare at it. For those that can...wow, I admire that talent and wonder how many people out there think it is easy to do because I know its a real art form.

No comments: